Tuesday 22 September 2009

Calling all student writers...

Yikes! Classes have begun this week. When did a whole year go by? What did I do between now and then? Four complete stories with editing, one limp play, a couple of sonnets here and there, lots of editing work done for the University Press and a couple of ideas for writing projects. Makes me wonder about one of my favourite lines from one of my favourite movies, “What if this is as good as it gets?”

My writing goals have been sharply whittled down to making sure I get one book written up by the end of this academic year. Yep, 30th September 2010 I should have 9 stories written up and sewn neatly into a coherent ‘book.’ I’ll call it my first baby. God knows I’m having labour pains!

Any other studying writers out there? How’s it going for ya?

No comments: